Space heaters are a convenient and cost effective way to help keep you warm when the temperatures drop. By just heating the space you need and not your entire house, they can help keep down your energy costs.
There are 3 main types of space heaters that people buy. These are the ceramic, oil filled and infared types and each has their own advantage and disadvantages.
Popular Space Heaters To Choose From
- 【2 in 1 Heater Fan】This ceramic heater provides two heat levels (1500W/750W) and one cool air (fan), you can use it both for winter and summer. Thermostat control of the heater will turn the heater off when it reaches a preset temperature and turn the heater back on when the temperature dips below the thermostat setting. It will cycle on and off. Adjust the setting of thermostat from 0℉-158℉ to keep room comfortable
- 【Multi-Protection Safety System】a. These ETL listed heaters are made of flame retardant material avoiding any fire hazard. b. Automatic safety shutoff system will shut the heater off when the heater overheat. c. The tip-over protection system will also shut the heater off when the heater was knocked over by accident and it will come back on automatically if it is up-righted. Zero Safety Worry
- 【Compact and Powerful】8.3"×6.3"×4" inches, 2.2 pounds Portable mini heater with build in carry handle helps to reinforce the potential of rather low electrical bills by using at the place where you need when you don't want to warm the full house with other centralized heaters
- GET NICE & TOASTY FASTER: The advanced PTC ceraming heating technology combined with the ultra-efficient fan will heat up any space faster and distribute the heat more evenly. Just turn on your space heater, count to 3, and enjoy your warm living room, bedroom or office.
- CUT DOWN ON ELECTRIC BILLS without having to freeze. Our energy-efficient interior space heater features 3 different heat settings (LOW/600W, MEDIUM/900W, HIGH/1500W) as well as a fan-only mode, so you can tailor it to your exact needs. Instead of wasting a fortune on central heating, you can warm just the spaces you actually use.
- ADJUST THE TEMPERATURE TO YOUR NEEDS: Equipped with an adjustable thermostat, our space heater will keep you comfortable at all times. Just set the dial to the desired heat setting and let the thermostat monitor the surrounding air temperature and keep you comfy.
- 【Ceramic Technology】:Advanced ceramic heating elements provide 2S quick heating,generate enough heat while save more energy,which is good for environment .Ceramic space heaters can quick heating,produce abundant heat with PTC material, and are long lasting.
- 【Advanced Safety】: Tip-over switch with auto shut-off and overheat protection. Don't worry if your pets or kids accidentally touches the heater, this heater built in tip-over sensor can automatically cut off power when the heater tilts.
- 【Wide range oscillates function】: One touch on the swing button to delivery wide-45°-angle heat with auto oscillation, helps heat up the space faster while keep silent. keep your feet warm if you’re in an office with this under your desk.
- Fast & Efficient Heating: TaoTronics space heater quickly & evenly heat up an area in home or office. Compact size makes the electric heater ideal for indoor use such as office, desk, home, bedroom, living room, anywhere as you need
- Multiple Safety Protection: Built-in overheating and tip-over protection sensors, 24hr auto-off without operation, and 12hr timer work together for a much safer heater. The heater is designed for your safe use and quiet enough to use while sleeping
- Easy Control for Comfort: Featured with 12-hour timer with auto-shutoff and remote control, you could easily control the heater without getting up from bed or sofa. LED display and touch control is also optional for your easy operation
- Fast & Quiet Heating: Equipped with ceramic heating elements and rated power up to 1500 watts, our PTC space heater heats up to 70°F in 3 seconds to quickly provide warmth for relatively small spaces. The noise this ceramic heater makes is lower than 45 dB, quiet enough for most people to use in a bedroom while sleeping
- Great Helper to Warm Your Corner: With 70° oscillation to heat from side to side and a 7° tilted fan to increase heat distribution range by 20 percent to efficiently warm yourself or your family without wasting heat.
- Energy saving: Choose from 3 heating modes include High (1500W), Low (900W) and ECO modes; on ECO mode, the space heater will automatically adjust the operating power between 1500W and 900W, depending on the temperature difference between the room and the heating temperature you have set, to save energy and keep room comfortable
Last update on 2020-10-13 at 15:23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Ceramic space heaters operate by applying voltage to ceramic elements that generate heat which is then transferred to aluminium parts that heat up. A fan then directs the heated air where the user desires it.
Infrared heaters use long wave infrared radiation to provide heat.
Oil filled heaters still require electricity to operate but use oil as a heat reservoir and transfers heat through convection to the outside surface area of the unit. They are efficient to operate but because the outside surfaces get hot they need to be used with caution to prevent any fires or burns.