Space heaters are a convenient and cost effective way to help keep you warm when the temperatures drop. By just heating the space you need and not your entire house, they can help keep down your energy costs.
There are 3 main types of space heaters that people buy. These are the ceramic, oil filled and infared types and each has their own advantage and disadvantages.
Popular Space Heaters To Choose From
- 【Easy Control Heater】Adjust the knob on the right to turn the unit on. "I" is for producing heat at 750 watts, "II" will produce heat faster and hotter at 1500 watts, and ”Fan” will blow out cool air. Then turn the thermostat knob on the left toward the + sign. The adjustable temperature range is 0℉-158℉.It will get the heater to cycle on and off according to if the room’s temperature reaching heater's setting temperature
- 【Energy Efficient Heater】With PTC ceramic heating tech and high speed fan, this heater put out tons of heater to heat up 200sq.Ft in seconds. Helps to save electric bills by heating up needed small spaces instead of heating the whole house with other centralized heaters. It's quiet enough to use in a bedroom while sleeping
- 【Portable Mini Heater】Dimensions: 6.2" x 7" x 9.2", 3.2 pounds light weight mini heater easy to carry around with handle. This 120V heater has six feet long cord and 2 prong connection fits for indoors use such as office, room, desk, home, bedroom
- Ceramic space heater with adjustable thermostat for cozy warmth; oscillating option for better heat dispersal in multiple directions
- 1500-watt high setting; 3 output options: Low, High, or Fan Only; power indicator light lets you know when it’s plugged in
- For safety: tip-over switch with auto shut-off and overheat protection with auto shut-off; ETL listed
- Fast & Quiet Heating: Equipped with ceramic heating elements and rated power up to 1500 watts, our PTC space heater heats up to 70°F in 3 seconds to quickly provide warmth for relatively small spaces. The noise this ceramic heater makes is lower than 45 dB, quiet enough for most people to use in a bedroom while sleeping
- Great Helper to Warm Your Corner: With 70° oscillation to heat from side to side and a 7° tilted fan to increase heat distribution range by 20 percent to efficiently warm yourself or your family without wasting heat.
- Energy saving: Choose from 3 heating modes include High (1500W), Low (900W) and ECO modes; on ECO mode, the space heater will automatically adjust the operating power between 1500W and 900W, depending on the temperature difference between the room and the heating temperature you have set, to save energy and keep room comfortable
- FAST WARM UP & UP TO 200SQ COVERAGE - Are you feeling freezing in the cold dorm or office? This room heater is made for those chilly days in your room or at the office. The compact size provides effective, consistent warmth for small rooms up to 200 sqft. This portable heater can quickly warm up the air around you within 3 sec! Stay warm and comfortable in any small space, this is the perfect space heaters for indoor use
- EASY CONTROL WITH 3 MODES - 1500W High heat, 750W Low heat and Natural Wind Mode are all included in 1 portable heater, providing efficient heat to every corners of the room with constant warmth during cold weather. You can easily set the switch control to any 1 of the 3 modes mode to reach your desired temperature. With the simple adjustable thermostat, this room heater could always keep your room temperature at the most optimal level and reduces your power consumption too
- TIP OVER & OVERHEATER PROTECTION - Automatic Overheat Protection system will shut the portable heater off when the parts of the heater overheat. In this way the space heaters for indoor use will cool down quickly to avoid overheating. Tip-Over Protection will shut off the room heater if it gets knocked over accidentally to avoid accident happens This space heater for office adopts innovative PTC technology, which does not generate heat at a constant rate like resistance wires
- SMALL HEATER MEASURES: 6.2" X 4.74" x 8.3" . Manual controls. Fully Assembled. Carrying handle for easy transport. Adjustable thermostat for comfortable warmth—ideal for home or office
- THREE MODES HEATER WITH FAN: 1.High Heat (1500-watt), 2. Low Heat(750-watt ), 3. Fan Only. Power indicator light lets you know when it’s plugged in
- CERAMIC HEATER ELEMENTS: Ceramic space heaters are fast to heat, produce abundant heat without open coils, and are long lasting
Last update on 2020-08-04 at 05:05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Ceramic space heaters operate by applying voltage to ceramic elements that generate heat which is then transferred to aluminium parts that heat up. A fan then directs the heated air where the user desires it.
Infrared heaters use long wave infrared radiation to provide heat.
Oil filled heaters still require electricity to operate but use oil as a heat reservoir and transfers heat through convection to the outside surface area of the unit. They are efficient to operate but because the outside surfaces get hot they need to be used with caution to prevent any fires or burns.