Space heaters are a convenient and cost effective way to help keep you warm when the temperatures drop. By just heating the space you need and not your entire house, they can help keep down your energy costs.
There are 3 main types of space heaters that people buy. These are the ceramic, oil filled and infared types and each has their own advantage and disadvantages.
Popular Space Heaters To Choose From
- 【Easy Control Heater】Adjust the knob on the right to turn the unit on. "I" is for producing heat at 750 watts, "II" will produce heat faster and hotter at 1500 watts, and ”Fan” will blow out cool air. Then turn the thermostat knob on the left toward the + sign. The adjustable temperature range is 0℉-158℉.It will get the heater to cycle on and off according to if the room’s temperature reaching heater's setting temperature
- 【Energy Efficient Heater】With PTC ceramic heating tech and high speed fan, this heater put out tons of heater to heat up 200sq.Ft in seconds. Helps to save electric bills by heating up needed small spaces instead of heating the whole house with other centralized heaters. It's quiet enough to use in a bedroom while sleeping
- 【Portable Mini Heater】Dimensions: 6.2" x 7" x 9.2", 3.2 pounds light weight mini heater easy to carry around with handle. This 120V heater has six feet long cord and 2 prong connection fits for indoors use such as office, room, desk, home, bedroom
- Great Helper to Warm Your Corner: You can fit the heater in any place with its compact size of 4.9*4.9*8.1 inches. On the desktop in your office, besides your bed, under the table, anywhere you can imagine.
- Easy But Not Noisy: This space heater is super easy to use: switch on the main power button on the back, press the ON/OFF on the top, then choose your desired temp setting, you can enjoy the warm and toasty air quietly, the noise is under 45 dB, hardly notice.
- Take Care All Your Safety Concern: With overheat protection and tip-over protection, the ceramic heater will automatic power-off when overheating or tipped over. Your safety is our biggest concern.
- QUIET OPERATION - Mueller Portable Heater is perfect for winter season and freezing nights. 50db quiet heating adds comfort while maintaining the desired temperature you need. Perfect from any room such as living room, dining room, bedroom, office, balcony.
- PORTABLE DESIGN - Lightweight but powerful, you can carry it with you in any room. You can even move the heater from the floor to the table easily.
- ADJUSTABLE THERMOSTAT - Allows you to adjust the heat setting you desire with 11 different temperature settings keeping your room temperature at the most optimal level.
- 2 Quiet Settings - including high heat and low heat plus an Auto setting make this electric space heater ideal for warming up an area in your home or home office. With widespread oscillation this heater distributes warm air throughout the room
- Adjustable Thermostat - with digital display allows you to adjust the heater's 1500 watt ceramic heating element. With an easy to read digital temperature display you can select a wide range of temperatures in Fahrenheit or Celsius
- Remote Control & Built-in Timer - allows you to adjust the heater's temperature, timer, oscillation and more from a distance. While the easy to program timer allows you to select 1 hour to 8 hours, in 1 hour intervals
- 【 Meet Your Heating Needs】Maximum 1500w power and 2 heat settings provide efficient heat into every part of the room that needs constant heat in cold weather. Temperature adjustment by 1°F interval allows you to customize your preference temperature.
- 【Get Instant Warmth】This ceramic tower heater warms the air around you by creating a mild current of heat,quickly heat-up with ceramic heating technology, ideal for getting rid of the cold instantly. Requiring no assembly and a carry handle allow portable use.
- 【LOWER YOUR ENERGY BILLS】 ECO setting allows the heater turning on/off automatically by comparing the room tempreture with setted tempreture, which could maximum opitimize your energy consumption.
Last update on 2020-02-26 at 04:45 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Ceramic space heaters operate by applying voltage to ceramic elements that generate heat which is then transferred to aluminium parts that heat up. A fan then directs the heated air where the user desires it.
Infrared heaters use long wave infrared radiation to provide heat.
Oil filled heaters still require electricity to operate but use oil as a heat reservoir and transfers heat through convection to the outside surface area of the unit. They are efficient to operate but because the outside surfaces get hot they need to be used with caution to prevent any fires or burns.